Friday, May 11, 2007

To the Post Office

$1.11 and a pair of fingers crossed that our postal service will come through on its most important mission (from me) to date: a packet of a dozen forms, one passport copy, and 4 passport-sized photos (why on earth ISA would care what I look like I have no idea).

I'm still not sure that I recognize the fact that I'm moving out of the country in just over two months. I guess I've been caught up in finals and stress and moving to Spokane, but Chile still seems to be merely a random place for which I have a couple of guidebooks. It's fun to tell people that I'm studying abroad there, to watch the "ohh wow" looks on the faces of anyone not facing similar adventures through their own universities, to perk up a little when I hear the proper noun spoken. But really, I feel as though it will never move past that level of interaction. On some level, I wish that it wouldn't.

1 comment:

girlalex said...

And in a few months you'll be looking back on the whole thing, wondering if it ever even happened. It'll hit you - usually on the plane - exactly what you're doing and where you're going. And then you won't really have a choice but it will rock anyways!