Monday, May 7, 2007

Wanted: One Host Family

For the housing application:
"I am excited to live with a host family to understand Chilean culture more deeply. My ideal host family would accept me as a part of their daily living activities: socializing with their friends, family excursions, and just being around each other. At the same time, I am looking forward to meeting other young people in Chile, and I hope that my host family will understand my want to socialize and go out at night and on weekends. I suppose that I view my housing experience as a unique extension of my study abroad experience in general, and I hope to love and appreciate my host family as I do my own.
This will be my first experience traveling outside of the United States, and I am thrilled for the challenges and lessons it will bring. I find that I like and enjoy almost everyone that I meet, and I’m hoping to get to know many people while I am abroad. I like exploring cities, playing tennis, reading, cooking, outdoor activities, art museums, and politics. Living with the goal of trying anything once, I hope to be introduced to a mountain of new things to like while I am in Chile!"

Cheesy? Definitely. Likely to bait the perfect Chilean family for fun and learning? I guess we'll see...

1 comment:

girlalex said...

Oooh, good luck! Host families can either be WAY AWESOME or WAY not.