Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chile -2

In 53 hours I will get on a plane. I will fly to Chicago, then Houston, then Panama City, then Santiago, where I will wait 3 hours for a group of strangers to drive me to the hotel. I will meet some 20 students, nervous and excited like me, and do my best to speak in Spanish as we get comfortable with each other. Thus my adventure will begin...

I'm feeling very afraid right now, mostly from realizing how unprepared I really am. I know this feeling will pass as soon as I am there, because at that point there is no reason to worry about preparations that should have been made long ago. I will have jumped in, and I will be swimming. That tends to be the way I live my life: fret, take action, and figure it all out later. As for now, I'm tired of fretting- good thing the action part is coming quickly.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gonna be so awesome for you. I'm totally jealous of Chile. Don't forget about all of us back in "the states."

And wear layers for that long ass plane ride. :)

Jeff said...

Hey so long as you don't deal with your fear in the same was as you did cliff jumping you should be totally fine. Also you should defiantly make use of that 3 hour time period to do some exploring because I know for me finding cool areas would defiantly be the coolest part of traveling

girlalex said...

airborne! take lots of it so you're not sick with a cold right when you land. Keep updating once you're there (duh) and do you have a digital camera? I also want pictures!

Bryce said...

I have no idea why you're worried; you're going to be absolutely fine. You're one of the most competent people I know, and I have absolute confidence in you. You're going to blow everyone (your host family, your fellow students, your professors) away. Travel safe.