Friday, July 27, 2007

¿Me Gusta el popo? No po!



To add to the list of things that scare me: Chilean police.

I know, right? Probably the least corrupt law enforcement in this hemisphere, and certainly the most trustworthy faces on the streets here. But I can't even look at the faces because I'm too put off by the uniforms. Army green from head to toe, funny hats with oversized foreheads, huge biker jackets (also of army green) and serious weapons. I know police in the US carry guns, tasers, batons, etc, but it just looks more intimidating when the accompanying uniform could be of the Gestapo.


Hopefully I never do anything wrong here, or have anything wrong done to me. Obviously, but even more so because of them!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just as Stefano said! Better behave!

Unknown said...

guess you better put plans for the bank heist on hold

Elizabeth said...

debate clothes for next semester? i think this would work the intimidation factor pretty well. :)