Friday, November 2, 2007

A Confession

I'll write more of Buenos Aires later, but right now, I have something to get off my chest. I feel like this blog is full of adventures and positive thinking, and in reality, this experience has had a lot of those things. But there's a lot of my reality that I haven't shared; the downs experienced for no good reason, the loneliness, the frustrations with expressing myself and being understood... I think I feel like I have to be having fun adventures for this trip to be worthwhile, and that I MUST appear content and invigorated to look like I'm doing it right. The truth is, the emotional roller coaster of the first few weeks still exists, and the closer I get to the end of the ride, the more I miss standing on firm ground.

1 comment:

girlalex said...

And so it is with life. Especially when you're traveling, everything is supposed to be amazing and wonderful and exciting. But it's not always, and realizing that the hard times have just as much to teach you as the easier times is one of the best things I took from last year.