Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What Lies Ahead

I'd like to thank all of Michaela's friends for their love and support expressed in comments on my last post. I'm glad that I was able to give some solice in the form of answers, and I hope that anyone who has questions remaining will feel free to contact me or any of the other students. I think it's important for strangers to connect more closely for support and hope in a time of shared tragedy, and I truly appreciate your collective efforts to do so. You are all in my thoughts and heart.

Having said that, I want to be clear that my blog was never really intended for such wide public scrutiny. In the days and weeks that come, I will continue writing my feelings and experiences without apology. This means that there will be times when I write about my personal mourning process, and times when I will write about happier things. This does not mean that I have forgotten our friend, or that I am not thinking of her friends and family; it only means that I am human with fluctuating emotions and a deep need to "be okay."

Love and peace to all.

No comments: